Cook with Me: Quick and Easy Oatmeal Cookies


It's been a year since I last posted a recipe in my Cook with Me section. I really missed it actually. I definitely need an ice breaker with all the beauty posts I recently posted. Moving on for today's recipe, it is one of many people's favorite snack. Cookies! Honestly, I really love cookies. I crave them most of the time for my snack or my dessert!

Now what made me decide to bake oatmeal cookies instead of choco chip cookies? Well my answer is pretty simple. There are people like me who would like a cookie which is less guilty to eat. I want to quit chocolate as much as possible so, I tried baking a chocolate-free snack to help me satisfy my sweet tooth even without the help of chocolates. Also, with the oatmeal, I can get as much fiber I want. Oatmeal cookies are my go-to snack before so now I though of baking a batch myself. Voila! I'm now introducing you a quick and very easy to make oatmeal cookies!



I got the recipe in Allrecipes.com which is linked HERE. Don't worry though since I will be including the recipe here, with slight changes though. I don't have all the needed ingredients in the pantry so what I had in the kitchen got in the cookies.

This cookie recipe is the bomb! I love how chewy and at the same time crunchy it turned out. I also love how I managed to maintain the sweetness level of the cookie since I skipped some ingredients and find an alternative for them. This whole recipe didn't disappoint. I love it and I'll definitely bake 'em again!

Ingredients Needed

- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup of washed/white sugar
- 1 cup of honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of Herbalife Vanilla Powder (or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract)
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of quick oats. (this should be 3 but for me 2 cups are enough)

Instructions

1. In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour. Here's your dough before chilling:




2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar. (I didn't use fork for the pressing, I pressed them with my palm/fingers)



3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.



And you're done! Isn't it easy? Once you are a pro in baking or you are someone who use to bake a lot, this recipe is a whole lot easy for you. This recipe is also flexible to what flavors or toppings you like. You can even put chocolate chips on top or you can mix in banana and peanut butter in it. You are free to do what you like to do. The sky's the limit!

That's about it. I hope you like today's Cook with Me recipe. You can share in the comments down below what cookie flavor you like or you can share me your cookie baking experience. I would like to read them all.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The cookies look delicious Maria! and I think it's amazing that you're trying to stay away from chocolates, I can never do that!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram