Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Haul + Review


Ever since I bought my very first matte balm from Revlon, I fell in love with everything about it. I know you heard about it. If not, just read this post to get to know this amazing and worth-the-money lip product because surely, you'll see yourself hovering over the Revlon counter any time after reading this.

Everyone is raving about Revlon's line of Colorburst Matte Balm. I first thought that is way to expensive that I can just buy myself 3 to 4 lipsticks in the same price. What I haven't considered though is the quality of this product. The reason it's priced half a thousand pesos is because this is what girls are dreaming of about matte lip products. This matte lip balm is moisturizing and matte at the same time! I never ever complained about having dry lips once I use this. Except though to one shade of this product. But that's ok, I tend to notice pastel/nude matte lipsticks tends to be drying that darker shades.



I bought 3 colors of this matte balm because they had a sale 3 weeks ago. From Php 575 to just Php278, who wouldn't hoard them?! Imagine my struggle at the Revlon counters testing out shades that I want to buy. Also imagine the horror of my arm from the lip stains! Any way, I bought 3 shades of the Colorburst Matte Balm. I have here Elusive, Standout, and Sultry (see the swatch above). When swatched, you'll see how beautiful their shades are side-by-side. All has a cool tone to it so it is not too powerful to the face. Now, let's talk about the shades and review them one by one:





Starting off with Elusive. Elusive is a light pink shade that will make you love nude/pastel shade lip colors. I have a love/hate relationship with nudes because I can't make them fit my skin tone, but this lip color is an exception. I love that I can go light without always thinking I look more darker than my usual skin tone. I'll give a heart for this Revlon! One downside to this is that unlike the other shades I bought, this is a bit drying when wore for a couple of hours. Kudos though to the staying power of these lip products!




Next is my favorite shade and the shade which started it all with my love of these matte balms, Sultry. Sultry is a darker pink to red shade that matches my lips so well. If I want a no makeup look, I always go with this shade. It is low maintenance and gives me that extra oomph (if you know what I mean). I can never go wrong with this shade so I bought this one as my extra if my first Sultry runs out. 




Last but not the least, Standout. Surely, you will standout with how red this product is. When I'm using this one, I just dab a little on to my lips because this is very very pigmented. I love it though because a little of the product goes a long way. Also, if you're on a romantic date, you can get this shade because this can make any look on fire!

Every shade is long lasting so you don't need to worry on reapplying every minute. Also, Sultry and Standout are not drying to the lips so you can skip that lip balm already if you want. As for Elusive though, better keep the lip balm routine, because this is drying to the lips after a couple of hours. 


Here's me wearing Standout and loving it! 

Pros:
  • Beautiful shades to choose from
  • Long lasting
  • Not drying
  • Easy to apply
  • Little transfer after setting 
Cons:
  • Expensive

Do you still need to ask if I'll repurchase? Of course I'll repurchase. I already did with Sultry remember? Let me know about your thoughts on this product. Let's share the love!





You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. A lot of people have been recommending this line because I love Matte to death. Do they have darker colors? Like under the lines of the EB Matte Collection?

    Ochi | Ochi In The City

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad to say they don't have darker colors like the EB Matte line. They only have Standout as their darkest shade. :(

      Delete
  2. I've been in love with Revlon's Colorburs lip balms ever since my mom gave me hers. Haha. Glad you managed to buy it when it was 50% off. That's a real catch! :D

    Love, Richel. | Richel Goes Places

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much a real catch! Looking forward for another sale. I hope they put their glossy ones on sale too. I'm eyeing a one of it.

      Delete
  3. Awww did not know about the sale! Sayang I want to try them sana. :( The shades looks good on you though. :)

    Mommy Rockin' In Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super sayang! Pero to help you out and make up for it. L'Oreal is slashing Php150 on their Pho500 powder lipstick. The instagram post is 4 days ago but I hope the sale is still going on now.

      Delete

Instagram