Megan Purifying Nose Pore Strips Review


It's been like forever since I used a nose pore strip, as a result, my nose has been going crazy with black heads and white heads. What gave me the idea to try one you may ask? Well, last week, my mom, dad and I had gone grocery shopping and I happen to stumble on the Megan Purifying Nose Pore Strips in the face mask aisle. I'm very much curious about it since it is very cheap (and it has a promising packaging), so I bought it and gave it a try.

At its packaging, it says that it is dermatologically tested, pore refining and helps remove blackheads fast. These words had me buy the product in a snap. If it helps me get rid of black heads fast then I'm in. I don't believe in the pore refining though. Refined pores are very hard to achieve and so I believe that only maintained facials or very expensive facial set can produce fine pores. As for the dermatologically tested, I hope this one is true but, let's give this product the benefit of the doubt. The reason why I'm here is to let you know my thoughts about this product and if it really holds on to its promises.



At the back, it says:
Megan Purifying Nose Pore Strips with Witch Hazel Extract instantly takes away oil, dirt and blackheads that clog the pores. It removes impurities trapped on the pores, leaving you a softer and smoother skin.

Direction for use:

  • Wipe the nose with clean water. If the skin is dry, the nose strip will not stick and may not be effective in pulling all the dirt.
  • Tear off the nose pore strip sachet and peel off the nose pore strip from the plastic liner.
  • Place the shiny surface of the nose strip on the moistened nose, press and smooth out evenly.
  • Wait for 10-15 minutes, until the strip has dried.
  • Slowly peel the strip from the edges. If the strip sticks too strong and is painful to remove, wet the nose until the strip is easy to peel.
  • Wash off the remaining residue with water.

Cautions:
  • Once the sachet is opened, immediately use the strip.
  • Do not use on wounded, irritated, broken or burnt skin.
  • Use 1 to 2 times per week.
  • Use only on the nose area. Avoid contact with eyes.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Polyvinyl alcohol (PVA), Glycerine, Ethyl Alcohol, Hemamelis Virginiana, Almond Oil, PEG-6 Esters, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate

With the above ingredients, I can say that this product has the moisturizing ability, it also repairs the skin and is also anti-oxidant. I don't recommend this fully though to those with sensitive skin since some of the ingredients might be irritating to them. The Witch Hazel or Hemamelis Virginiana in the product has the non-irritant ability that can help with those with sensitive skin but still, too much of it can cause serious irritation.  But don't worry though, those with sensitive skin can still try this but, don't overuse the product in a single day. Better follow what it says on the packaging (1 to 2 uses per week!)




The product has 4 strips inside. Each is packed in a sachet. Since the product recommends us to use this for 1-2 times a week, this can cover us for 2 to 4 weeks depending on use. Once you open the sachet, you can see the product attached to a plastic sheet. To use it, first wet your nose, then gently peel the product off. The shiny part must go on you skin for it to stick. Then wait a good 15 minutes for it to dry. Once its dry, time to peel it off!

I recommend you to strictly follow the steps since it really helps on the effectiveness of the product, I haven't been able to follow step number 1 clearly so it didn't give me the effect I want. Please, if you're going to try this product, wet your nose as thoroughly as possible. The strip will not stick well if your nose is dry. The wetter the nose the better the effect. I wasted a strip because I didn't follow step one and so I used another one and follow the steps as clearly as possible. I hope this serves me a lesson. Good thing the the strips are cheap and very much accessible to buy.



After a good 15 minutes of having this product on, I can say that it fairly did its job. I saw plenty of my black heads and white heads on it which is impressive for a very cheap pore strip. I never thought I had that many of black heads on my nose area. I'll make sure to use pore strips weekly! I didn't take a picture of it since it is very gross but believe me, it does its job. It may not take all of the black and white heads away, but it will clean most of it away. With proper care, you can have black-and-white head-clear  nose area in no time.

Time for some pros and cons:

Pros:
- Cleans out black and white heads thoroughly!
- Very easy to use
- Informative packaging
- Instructions with pictures which is very easy to follow
- Good ingredients
- Hydrating
- Very cheap

Cons:
- Didn't cleans away all the black and white heads
- Isn't pore refining

The price of the product is 45 to 50 pesos. Sorry I can't remember the exact price. You can buy this product in any drug and grocery stores out there. I bought mine at SM Savemore to be precise. You don't have to worry on where to buy this because this is everywhere. No excuses for a dirty nose pore, guys!

For a 50-peso nose strip? I can say that this is amazingly good. It did it's job, it cleaned out my black and white heads and it hydrated my skin. When I touch my nose now, I can feel how soft it is. Even though it didn't refine my pores, that's OK. What matters is that it cleaned out my skin. I will definitely repurchase this pore strip. But, to make it fair, I'm going to try out different kinds of facial mask and strips more for me to review for you. Happy peeling guys!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram