Food Review: Lucca Bakery


It's been forever since I last went to the place I'm going to review today. I don't know why I haven't written it yet but what's important is that I'm going to be sharing you my review right now. So please do stay with me till the end of this blog post.

I tried Lucca for about 3 times now and never ever did it fail me. Well except for one food that's included here in this review. So if you don't want to be disappointed like me then read more of the blog post ahead.

Lucca is one of my colleagues' and I's favorite go-to places to eat when going out to SM Megamall. Our office is really near the place and we heard and experienced good service about the place so we keep checking it out. So I'm very confident about the review I'll be giving you today.

The service here is quick  and there are times that it is slow. The first time we tried out here, we left with trust issues with Lucca. The food is great but we waited for more than 40 minutes for the pizza. Well imagine our roaring stomachs that time. Good thing they served us great pizza that time. If I'm right, I think we ordered Spicy Sausage and Honey. Even though I don't like spicy food and this pizza is screaming spicy because of the chunks of red chili peppers on it, I still enjoyed the food. Plus, I get to drink plenty of water so it helped me attained my 8 glasses of water a day.


I have here a photo of their White Pizza which is very yummy. Very simple food but will leave your taste buds very happy. It might look boring but I swear it isn't.


Next here is Mama's Meatballs served with a parmesan toast . I'm not a meatball fan so I haven't considered trying one, but one of my colleagues ordered it and she shared it with us. Upon trying it, I never ever thought it would be really good. The meatballs are tender and doesn't have the strong taste that I don't like.  Also, if you want to taste Ikea's famous meatballs then please try this. Going back, the parmesan toast is good. I can tell that this is a very good pair with the pasta. I' confident that this is very much worth your money. The serving is also big making it good for two persons to share.


The first time we went here there are two choices of your fries' sauce. First is the chili con carne which is our fave and the other is the aioli. The chili con carne taste really good. It is not spicy by the way so the chili on its name is kind of misleading. Well, Too bad. The last time we came here, the chili con carne option is already out of their menu. So we opted with aioli instead because we are really a fan of their fries. Their fries never ever failed us but the aioli sauce is a fail. We don't like it's lemony bland taste. I don't know if it's suppose to be healthy that's why it taste bland but to get to the point, we don't like it.



For desserts, we ordered a red velvet cupcake and chocolate brownie. The brownie is yummy. It's soft and chewy, and the chocolate on top is not too sweet. I totally recommend this one. But as for the red velvet cupcake, it left us with disappointment. The cupcake has this awkward taste in it and it's not soft as we have expected. So if you're going to try the red velvet I hope that you get a better one. I also hope that it's not like this always.

Lucca has been one of my favorites already and I recommend that you check it out yourselves. Try their pizzas because they serve really great pizzas. Coming from a not-so-pasta fan, I totally love their mama's meatballs pasta so I recommend it as well. But also consider their other choices because they might be better than Mama's meatballs.

You can find Lucca Bakery at Fifth Floor, Mega Fashion Hall, SM Megamall, Ortigas, Mandaluyong City. Don't forget to let me know about your Lucca experience! Comment them down below and let's share the experience.

If you want to know more about their menu and other reviews click their Zomato page: https://www.zomato.com/manila/lucca-bakery-ortigas-mandaluyong-city

Disclaimer: All photos are from my friend Camille. Check here out on her blog: https://camilleherndz.wordpress.com/




You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. OMG, the white pizza looks incredibly yummy! Good thing I'm just here in Pasig area, I could visit Lucca anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always pass by this bakery but never really had the time to really sit down and eat cause im always in a hurry, lol. Thanks for sharing your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be like that, just passing by Lucca. Good thing my colleague introduced this to me. Don't forget to try their pasta and pizza! Happy eating!

      Delete
    2. Excited to try the fries too! The serving looks hefty and two sauces/dips? I'm not complaining, lol!

      Delete
  3. I tried their apple pie before and it was really juicy. I hadn't write my reviews yet because I still want to try some dish like their chocolate cake. I heard it was good.

    --

    nhengswonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got me with that chocolate brownie! Haha And aaaah can't wait forty friggin minutes for a pizza! Noooo! haha

    xx, Janine | A Blissful Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brownie is really good! About the pizza, you know what they say, "Will wait for pizzaaaaa" LOL. I think it's just bad luck that we experienced waiting for 40 minutes on a single pizza. But, it is really worth it.

      Delete
  5. I happened to stumble upon your blog cos of this review. Now, I would love to give Lucca Bakery a try because of the chocolate brownie :D. Btw, I'm a new blogger and happy to found your blog! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brownie is sooo good! let me know if you like it! happy blogging btw. ;) looking forward to more posts from you.

      Delete

Instagram