Ever Bilena Matte Lipsticks Review and Swatches


College opened my eyes to the amazing matte lipsticks of Everbilena. Thanks to my mom's frugality that I get to experience amazing lipticks for a very cheap price. It's definitely worth the money if you will ask me. Because of my love of Everbilena's Matte Lipsticks, I bought 5 shades of the collection: Mauvey, Off Beat Pink, Siennas, Glam Red and Dusk. Today I'll surely give you an honest review and a side-by-side swatch of each shade above.


First I have here Mauvey. Mauvey is a pale nude color with a little hint of pink as compared to one nude color in the collection "Skin". I don't like this for my skin tone though. I remember the first time I wore this lipstick, it is the day that my confidence boosted as high as it could. One more thing that I don't like about this is that since it's matte, it tends to be so drying to the lips making it show my lip lines. Also, I don't if it's just me but it is very flaky when applied. If ever you don't experience this then please teach me what's the best way to wear this lipstick correctly.


Second, Off Beat Pink. Off Beat Pink is a light pink color. An alive shade of light pink. When wore, it doesn't make you look pale. My first impression about this is that this shade would definitely not be suited for my skin tone. But when I applied it to my lips, it definitely proved me wrong. This shade is totally made for us Filipinas. If you want bright and light pink lipsticks then please consider this lipstick. Though I warning you, this also tends to be flaky. Wear it with lip balm first to prevent flakiness and drying.


Third to my collection is my very old Siennas. Siennas is the very first shade I bought out of the bunch. This also made my love for Everbilena's lipsticks. This is my go to lipstick when I was in college. Siennas is good for students, employees and moms out there who doesn't want showy shades of lipsticks. If you want a simple no-makeup look for the office or school then this will be the best shade I can recommend for this collection. Don't worry. Unlike the shades above, this is not flaky. It's drying though so don't forget the lip balm.


Fourth shade is Glam Red. Glam Red is an intense shade of red. It has a blue undertone to it so it fits perfectly for my skin tone. This is by far the second favorite lipstick in this collection. I love how it make my face a shade lighter. This is lipstick is not flaky and I can even wear this without any lipbalm on. This is also long-lasting. After I drink and eat, it tends to be fade away but still the stain is still intact. This is highly recommended if you want a long-lasting and elegant shade of lipstick. Go and pull off an Anne Curtis lip if you like.


Last but not the least is Dusk. Dusk is a wine red shade of lipstick, This is my ultimate fave out of the shades mentioned above. It is dark red but not too dark to the extent that it's creepy. It is very edgy that I feel unique when I'm wearing it . It also makes my face a shade lighter and it's not flaky when applied. No lipbalm is also needed if you want to wear this shade. I love wearing this with Glam Red to give a little more shade of red to it.

Here's a side-by-side swatch of the lipsticks:


Pros:
  • Shades are made for Filipinas' skin tone
  • Long-lasting
  • Doesn't transfer when applied without a lipbalm
  • Very cheap and worth the money (Php 165)
Cons:
  • Drying to the lips
  • Flaky

If you'll ask me if I'll repurchase. Yes, I would definitely continue purchasing this. I even get to finish 2 bullets of Siennas to tell you the truth. Hope you got something out of this entry. Stay awesome!





You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. hows the staying power? hmmm I want to try the Sienna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The staying power is pretty good especially with the Siennas, Glam Red and Dusk. Enjoy using Siennas!! ;)

      Delete
  2. I've had the mauvey before and I loved it! Yang mga ganyang shade kasi ang gustong-gusto ko. Haha.

    xx, Janine | A Blissful Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so lucky you can pull that color off!

      Delete
  3. Are there other line of EB lip products which you could suggest because I'm still a bit hesitant on buying them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are pros and cons with these lipsticsk so I understand if you're hesitant on buying them. I suggest you try Ever Bilena's Advance Supreme Lipsticks. I heard they are far better than their Matte ones plus they come in matte and cream finish.

      Delete
  4. I have the Mauvey and Sienna EB Lippies. I love them but it makes my lips dry so I put lip balm on it or before I apply it on my lips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Even though this is drying, I still fairly love their matte lipsticks. The shades are perfect for me. Good thing lip balms are there to save the day.

      Delete
  5. Was reading your BYS review when i saw this under the links! YAS to the cons, I've been moisturizing my lips more than the usual but they still dry up and flake. But I so love the colors! My favorites are Storm, Dusk and A Taste of New York.

    Ochi | Ochi In The City

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I love Dusk too! Once I want to go from plain to edgy, I'll just wear it and off I go!

      Delete
  7. I used to wear OFf Beat Pink when I was in college. I loved that shade so much. Come to think of it, I kind of miss it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky Off Beat Pink suits you that much that you are using it for everyday! I only use it when I feel extra confident. It's too bright for my complexion. ;p

      Delete

Instagram