Cook with Me: Orange Chicken

Hi everyone! For today's entry, I will be presenting you my very own Orange Chicken! My mom actually wants me to learn different kinds of dishes to cook. This is for me to be prepared for the future (when I have my own family or if I'm going independent). So for me to learn, my mom assigned me every weekend to cook for them. Today's main ingredient should be chicken and so I researched for recipes to cook.

I ended up choosing Orange Chicken. Well why not? It's simple and very easy to cook. It's uniqueness is also a plus point. If you are from the Philippines or if every you're Chinese, you'll be familiar with this dish. This is available in Chowking. I've tasted it to and it's really delicious. Maybe that's why I'm very confident that this dish will turn out good.

To start this are the main ingredients you will need:




Chicken Marinade:
  • 1 1/4 kilos of chicken breast, fillet-sliced
  • 1 1/4 cup of orange juice
  • 2 teaspoon of salt
  • 2 teaspoon of pepper
Dredge:
  • 3 cups of all purpose flour
  • 1 pack of granule seasoning or 1 tablespoon of seasoned salt
Sauce:
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 1 thumb size ginger, diced
  • 3 cloves of garlic, diced
  • 2 oranges, 1 and a half is juiced, the rest is sliced (sliced oranges is optional)
  • 1 cup of orange juice
  • 2 to 3 teaspoon brown sugar
  • 1 Knorr seasoning or granule seasoning
  • 2 to 3 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 1 to 2 cups of water
  • 2 tablespoon of flour in 3 tablespoons of water (to thicken the sauce)
  • enough oil for frying and sauteing

Steps:
1. Marinate the chicken in orange juice, salt and pepper for an hour.
2. Mix the all purpose flour with granulated seasoning and dredge the chicken pieces in the flour mixture.
3. Shake the excess flour, then fry. Put the chicken pieces on a platter for later use.

4. For the sauce, saute the garlic, ginger and onion together. Then add the soy sauce, orange juice and water.

5. Thicken the sauce by adding dissolved flour in water.

6. Once thick enough, add the chicken on the sauce and mix.
7. Optional: Add the sliced oranges for more flavor.

And voila! The finished dish:


This is best served with steamed white rice. Enjoy cooking! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram